Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 22, 2008

Lena quotes

Since Lena has turned 3, she has had some quotes and conversations that make us laugh, or at least put a smile on our faces.

Last week:

April: I have to clean up this room (living room where all her toys are spread out).
Lena: No you don't. That's not a good idea.
April: Yes, I do need to clean because we have people coming to our house for Christmas next week.
Lena: (looks around) Yes you do need to clean. That is a good idea.

Sunday morning:
Lena: I have to get dressed so I can go to church and share Jesus and God!

Sunday afternoon:
James: (puts on his toboggan) Do you like my hat?
Lena: No. It's broken. Here, let me use my tools and fisk (fix) it.
James: What are you going to fix it with?
Lena: A hammer. (James hands her the hat, she uses a pretend hammer on hat)
Lena: There, good as new.
James: Thank you for fixing my hat.
Lena: Wait, I forgot to use my screwdriver. Let me see it. (Uses pretend screwdriver)
Lena: There, now good as new.

Sunday night:
James: What do you want for Christmas?
Lena: Penguins and a clean house.
*a few nights before, Lena asked Mommy what she wanted for Christmas. Mommy said she wanted a clean house.

Sunday night:
*in the car
Lena: Do you want to ride on my camel?
April: That sounds like fun.
James: Do you have a camel?
Lena: Yes, I do. He's over there in the grass at the zoo.
April: Okay, well how about we ride him in the daytime so we can have light to see.
*I knew kids could have an imaginary friend at this age, I just never thought it would be a camel. Of course, mine was a miniature mouse that lived in my left ear and whispered secrets to me.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

My memory of the little mouse was that he also lived in your shoe. He traveled, I think.

wm said...

I love these!